Become an Insider
Speak What’s Unspoken
We are so glad you’ve decided to share. Your story has the power to inspire, inform, and move others who are affected by mBC. Your unique experience matters, and it will always have a place here at mBC Unspoken.
We are required to pass on to Gilead details of side effects/product complaints pertaining to their products that you mention in your story. If this happens, we will need to share your personal information and details of the side effects you shared in your story, even if you have already reported it directly to Gilead or the regulatory authorities. You will be asked whether you consent to sharing your details with Gilead’s drug safety department for their follow up, but you may choose not to have your name associated with your story.
All fields are required unless marked optional.
You’re an mBC Unspoken Insider!
We’re So Glad You Chose To Share
First, take a deep breath. You just gave voice to your mBC Unspoken story. How does it feel? Now:
- Discover how far your story can reach. Your quote may appear on the mBC Unspoken website, in emails, or on social media.
- If you agreed to be contacted, mBC Unspoken will follow up by email explaining the next steps for your virtual interview.
If you shared your story, we can’t thank you enough. Each new story has unlimited potential to inspire, inform, and move others who are living with mBC, too. Your story may appear on the mBC Unspoken website, in emails, or on social media.
Relax and Reflect
You did a brave and kind thing by sharing your story. Take a minute for yourself to just breathe.
Say “Me First”
If you haven’t already, fill out this short form to receive your Me First kit in the mail.
These Terms and Conditions explain:
- How your story may be used or shared across mBC Unspoken properties, including but not limited to the website, emails, and social media
- Limitations on what type of stories may be posted or used by mBC Unspoken, and how the use of your story is subject to approval and editing by Gilead Sciences, Inc., the company that owns mBC Unspoken
- How your personal information will be used
Please read the following information and make sure you agree before submitting your story.
By submitting a text-based story or content (“Content”), and in consideration of receiving the opportunity to have your Content included in mBC Unspoken properties (website, emails, and social media) you hereby acknowledge and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Your Content must meet all requirements outlined below in order to be submitted and published across mBC Unspoken. Do not submit your Content if you do not agree to these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older to submit Content. If you are under the age of majority in your applicable state, you must have permission from your parent or legal guardian to submit Content.
- You acknowledge that you have the unrestricted right to submit the Content, that the Content does not infringe any third-party rights or interests and that the Content reflects your honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences. Do not use any Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own; this includes any material that you might have found elsewhere online or other source. Content must not refer to any branded or generic pharmaceutical products (this includes Gilead branded products).
- Your name will not be used in association with your Content unless you give us permission to use your name. If permission was given, mBC Unspoken will only ever use your first name and the initial letter of your last name in association with your Content.
- Your email address will not be used unless you selected that you wish to be contacted for a follow up interview. In that case, a representative of Gilead and/or mBC Unspoken will contact you using the email address you provided. mBC Unspoken will not use your email address to send any educational or promotional communications, unless you separately signed up to receive them.
- You may share whatever Content you like, but all content is subject to approval by Gilead prior to it being posted or shared to mBC Unspoken properties. Content will not be posted or shared by mBC Unspoken if it contains material that (i) violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement; (ii) contains any phrases or trademarks that belong to third parties; (iii) is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive, sexually suggestive, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Content is created or submitted; or (iv) that promotes bigotry, racism, or violence against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- In addition to these terms and conditions, all Content is subject to the terms and conditions governing the Gilead social media channels, and all applicable Gilead Terms and Conditions located at http://gilead.com/Terms. Gilead reserves the right to use or not use content and user will not be entitled to compensation if Content is used. Content that that has been approved by Gilead and added to the mBC Unspoken website may be shared to social media channels by the user, Gilead, and/or other visitors to the website.
- You understand and agree that Gilead and mBC Unspoken are not under any obligation to use your Content in any way.
- Your Content will remain yours, but you irrevocably grant Gilead and/or other authorized parties of Gilead the perpetual, royalty-free and worldwide right to (i) use the names, stories, or other information provided or obtained, including without limitation, the right to publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, and reproduce the Content, in connection with mBC Unspoken; and (ii) incorporate the Content into other works (including derivative works), in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose including for advertising, publicity, promotional, or marketing purposes of Gilead, its products and/or services. Gilead and/or other authorized parties of Gilead shall have the right to edit, adapt and modify the Content.
- Please submit only your personal experiences with mBC. Do not submit unsolicited ideas or suggestions to Gilead or mBC Unspoken.